Technical Support Engineer
Location: Norwich, CT
Job Category: Technology
As a Support Engineer at DocXellent, primary responsibilities will be to ensure the smooth and effective operation of the both cloud hosted and OnPremise installations. The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for day-to-day support of our .NET/SQL application/infrastructure and products. Works with the development and other support teams to resolve client issues and provide customized workflows. Develops and maintains system documentation, and creates/modifies SOP documentation as required. Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals. Additional duties will include handling ad-hoc requests from the user community, participation in ongoing performance improvements around the production environment, keeping application documentation up to date, and performing root cause analysis during and post issues.
The successful candidate will need to have a comprehensive understanding of how the systems work so they can independently contribute to the overall solution, including the ability to create SQL queries, database administration as well as monitoring of overall server health. They will be considered partners for a solution, not simply command executors, and are expected to add value by suggesting changes to the existing policies and procedures.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Support Clients by providing Tier 1-2 Support
- Custom Reporting VIA SQL
- Installation/ Upgrade of Software for both Hosted & Non-Hosted environments
- Server Maintenance & Patching
- Implement and Develop workflows around ticketing system
- Write/Maintain/Edit appropriate documentation.
As a member of the Technical Support team, you will also be responsible for performing L1 & L2 caliber troubleshooting/triage of incidents, working trouble tickets, completing escalation management, providing L2 monitoring support at the infrastructure, application & middleware layers, and resolving and reporting of incidents for our production environments. In addition, you will execute system administrative tasks, help to create and maintain production support documentation, and assist on projects when directed.
In this position, you will be responsible for quickly evaluating information, engaging and assist technology staff, and communicating issues to help re-mediate and resolve production issues efficiently and effectively. In support of incident management, you will work closely with other technology groups including Development, Database Administration, Quality Assurance (QA), and Infrastructure (Networking, Systems and Storage, Build and Deploy, and Operations).
- 4 years of Technical Applications support
- Bachelor’s degree BS from four-year college or university in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field is preferred
- 2 years’ technical experience with the following:
- Windows Based Operating Systems, including IIS knowledge and SQL Server
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Ability to anticipate and drive change
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Excellent customer service skills
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.