|21 CFR 820 – Quality System Regulation||ISO 13485 – Quality Management System Regulation||ENSUR|
|B: § 820.20|
|Quality System Requirements:|
Subpart B consists of Management Responsibilities, Quality Audit and Personnel of medical device manufactures for implementing quality management.
|Organizational & Resource Requirements:|
A Quality Management System (QMS) must be established that meets all applicable requirements and complies with the new ISO 13485 standard. A medical device manufacturer must also provide the resources necessary for a QMS and make sure that these resources are competent. Training records must be established and maintained.
|The ENSUR QMS software application is developed to assist companies from all different industries to comply with various 21 CFR and ISO requirements. ENSUR can also help you meet training requirements through established training rosters including Users, Groups and Job Titles. ENSUR also features integrated Training Management capabilities, including internal & external training events and configurable training reports all while automating the tracking of your employees’ electronic training records. ENSUR training management monitors your training program with full and complete compliance and effectiveness. ENSUR employee training management software delivers the right knowledge and credentials throughout your organization using a fully documented and regulatory compliant solution. ENSUR also provides the ability to manage, schedule, and record all audit activities. Our audit report enables the organization of audit findings, suggestions and recommendations into a consolidated report that is generated with the actions performed and group or person responsible for the modification.|
|C: § 820.30|
D: § 820.40
E: § 820.50
G: § 820.70
|Design Controls, Document Controls, Purchasing Controls and Production & Process Controls:|
The requirements of these subpart sections stipulate that each manufacturer shall establish and maintain the appropriate controlled documentation around the design of the device, purchased or otherwise received product and services must conform to specified requirements, and the monitoring of production processes to ensure that a device conforms to its specifications.
The regulated company must establish a QMS and clarify your documentation requirements, establish a file for each family of medical devices, prepare a quality manual, maintain quality records, and to control all of these documents and records
|ENSUR is a document control and quality management software application that automates the management of documents and their workflows, helping you streamline your business processes and improve quality practices across your organization.
The software provides a secure repository for storing and organizing your critical business documents with tools for collaboration, review & approvals, version control, corrective and preventative action, training, incidents, reporting and much more.
|F: § 820.60|
G: § 820.75
|Identification, Traceability & Process Validation:|
Each manufacturer shall establish and maintain procedures for identifying product during all stages of receipt, production, distribution, and installation to prevent mix-ups.
|7||Product Realization & Validation: |
This requires that a Quality Management System have procedures to identify and track products from the conceptual stage all the way through to its realization as a device.
|The Fast Find feature in ENSUR offers powerful search capabilities to quickly and easily find any document or specification in the system by Code or Title. These search results can be quickly sorted by Code, Title, Content Type, Status or Created date. The ENSUR Advanced Search functionality offers more detailed searching capabilities. Searches can be performed by Content Type, electronic Forms and Layouts, document attributes and keywords. Electronic forms can be also be searched for component content, allowing users to craft very granular search results.|
|G: § 820.75||Process Validation:|
When changes or process deviations occur, the manufacturer shall review and evaluate the process and perform revalidation where appropriate. These activities shall be documented.
Establish procedures to validate production and service delivery processes and software applications that could affect your products and services. Validate processes and software applications that could generate output deficiencies and could affect your products and services.
|DocXellent offers multiple different validation services for the ENSUR application. Our software validation services provide industry standard services and products to meet all of your compliance and validation needs.
The link below provides a full explanation DocXellent Validation Services.
DocXellent Validation Services
|I: § 820.90|
J: § 820.100
|Nonconforming Product & CAPA:|
Each manufacturer shall establish and maintain procedures to control product that does not conform to specified requirements and for implementing corrective and preventive action. These procedures shall define the responsibility for root cause analysis, review and the authority for the disposition of nonconforming product.
Clause 8 stipulates the requirements for measurement analysis and improvements of these processes. All organizations are required to create a plan and then apply to the monitoring, measurement, analysis and improvement processes needed in order to meet the conformity needs of the product, to ensure the conformity of the QMS, and maintain the effectiveness of the QMS.
|ENSUR offers powerful out of the box tools for compliance in these areas. CAPA product type and workflow is a core functionality within ENSUR which grants you commanding flexibility when you find nonconformance, accidents, incidents, supplier issues, and customer complaints with your products or production processes. The ability to collect, correlate, investigate, and make informed improvements can be electronically executed within ENSUR. ENSUR offers streamlined quality and control throughout your manufacturing process. The ENSUR document control solution provides you a configurable, comprehensive anytime, anywhere Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) tracking. The web forms help guide business and quality people to fully identify, record, define, investigate and correct any nonconformance found. The configurable workflow allows companies to monitor the solution from draft through effective implementation and verification of your corrective action/preventative action.
The ENSUR Forms functionality allows users with the correct system privileges to create customized forms for consistent data entry. Forms can then be routed through tiered review and approval workflows where electronic signatures can be applied.
ENSUR also offers extensive out of the box Reporting functionality for Administrators and general users to report and export critical data from within ENSUR. Highly customizable reports can also easily be created to give customers the ability to create any sort of report necessary for their organization.
|M: § 820.184||Device History Record:|
Each manufacturer shall maintain device history records (DHR’s). Each manufacturer shall establish and maintain procedures to ensure that DHR’s for each batch, lot, or unit are maintained to demonstrate that the device is manufactured in accordance with the DMR.
|-||Device History Record’s are not required by ISO||ENSUR offers an out of the box Device History Record (DHR) electronic form or the ability to create a custom DHR form, which preserves a static set of links to specific versions of documents and will display those documents regardless of status change over time|
|M: § 820.198||Complaint Files: |
Each manufacturer shall maintain complaint files. Each manufacturer shall establish and maintain procedures for receiving, reviewing, and evaluating complaints by a formally designated unit.
Develop and document complaint handling procedures for timely handling in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
|ENSUR handles customer complaints in a similar manner to incidents that can lead to a CAPA. An independent workflow manages these complaints and links related specifications and procedures to the complaints.|
- ENSURENSUR is an easy-to-use, configurable, web-based Document Management and Quality Control Software System that will dramatically help you to improve and manage the efficiency of paper based or uncontrolled electronic file based processes.
- ENSUR CloudWhether you’re an existing customer, a company looking to make a change in your provider or implementing your first document control, packaging specification, training management or quality system, DocXellent can provide the option of on-premises or a robust, secure and proven cloud based installation.
- DocXellent Managed CloudThe DocXellent Managed Cloud (DMC) is the collection of people, competencies, and process controls provided by DocXellent that enables you to achieve well-architected, reliable, secure, durable, and compliant Cloud frameworks that promote business operations and growth.
- ENSUR Case Studies
- Document Management FAQs
- Document Control SoftwareControl your organization’s content across the globe or down the hallway with our flexible, secure, user-friendly online document control software, ENSUR.
- Specification ManagementSpecification Management is easy with our document management software, ENSUR. We can even migrate legacy content seamlessly for easy access.
- Packaging Specification ManagementSee how you can easily manage packaging documents, specifications and suppliers with our comprehensive document control software, ENSUR.
- Document Version ControlYour document control management protocol encompasses a wide variety of processes integral to the continued flow of your business. Version control, and how it’s handled, is often a pain point for companies, especially those managing content with paper or a file share.
- Change Control SoftwareSee how our document control management software, ENSUR, can automate your change control processes.
- Training ManagementWe can help exceed your quality document management goals and report on employee training in seconds with our document management software, ENSUR.
- Quality Management SoftwareGuaranteeing that your products and services meet the standards of your clients is easy with our document management and quality control software, ENSUR.
- CAPA SolutionsEasily collect, correlate, investigate and make informed improvements to your processes with our CAPA management software, ENSUR.
- Intellectual Property ManagementOur document management system, ENSUR, helps you manage your critical business documents with a configurable level of security and control.
- Document MigrationDocXellent has helped many clients, from Fortune 500 companies to smaller firms, migrate data into our ENSUR document control system.
- Document Control Software
- Life SciencesDocXellent's experience with Life Science companies will help comply with GMP and ISO Quality Standards. Save time and ensure compliance with document control management.
- Medical DevicesOur document management software can help with your medical device compliance. Contact us today for more document control information on the medical device industry.
- PharmaceuticalsOur document control software helps you easily satisfy auditor requests with a document master list for FDA & EPA compliance. Quality Document Control.
- LaboratoriesLaboratory companies must control their business content in accordance with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA). See how our document control software can help.
- ManufacturingNeed help with document control management? Let DocXellent help you easily adhere to document management industry standards & OSHA manufacturing standards.
- PackagingDocXellent can help you step up your packaging game with our packaging specification management software. Learn more about how we can optimize your efficiency.
- HealthcareDocument Version Control is especially important in the ever changing healthcare industry. Get healthcare document control with DocXellent document software.
- CannabisThe alternative medicine and recreational cannabis industries are growing exponentially, and so are the requirements for complying with several regulations from governing bodies. Learn how we can help.
- Food and BeverageOur document management software helps companies in the food & beverage industry comply with FDA audit & SQF audit control guidelines. Contact DocXellent today!
- Health & BeautyFDA establishes the requirements for the cosmetic industry. Let DocXellent's document management system help you comply with regulations with document control.
- Nutritional and Dietary SupplementsOur software can help keep you compliant with FDA/CFR guidelines. Let DocXellent help you and your company manage business content with document control.
- ChemicalChemical companies face many document control challenges that can be remedied with a document management system. Chemical industry EPA, OSHA, & FDA compliance.
- ServicesHaving a great documentation control approach is crucial in the service industry. Trust DocXellent with document management systems and control software needs.
- UtilitiesTrying to optimize document workflow and control for your company? Let DocXellent help you implement a tailor-made solution for your business.
- Government AgenciesThe ENSUR Policy Management Software eliminates inefficient filing processes and cumbersome paperwork by providing a secure platform for storing.
- Life Sciences
- Services and Support
- ENSUR SupportThe DocXellent support team is available twenty-four hours a day; seven days a week; three hundred sixty-five days a year. Our U.S. based team works around the clock to keep your business running.
- Business ContinuityNeed to access your industry standards and regulations to see if you comply? Visit our DocXellent resources for information on document control requirements.
- Resources and InformationNeed to access your industry standards and regulations? Visit our DocXellent resources page for more useful information on document control systems and regulations.
- Document Management Glossary
- ENSUR Support
- Our Company
- About UsDocXellent has been providing a trusted, web based document management system with quality control management solutions to companies from start-up businesses to the Fortune 500 since 1983.
- Meet the TeamMeet some of the team that makes DocXellent tick. Get to know the people who will be partnering with you in your success!
- Customers and PartnersThese are the brands and organizations that have experienced the power of our document control system, ENSUR
- CareersView our available career opportunities at DocXellent.
- BlogStay up to date on product and industry updates and get an inside look at our company.
- About Us
- Contact UsContact Us to receive more information about our product and services including document management software.
- Contact SalesWe are happy to answer any questions you have about our ENSUR software and we will gladly go at your pace.
- Contact SupportWe are here to help. Connect with one of our experienced support team members who can get you an answer to any question you may have.
- Free TrialWe offer a 30-day free trial to evaluate if ENSUR is a good fit for your company. Learn more here!
- ENSUR Pricing
- Contact Us
- Request Demo