Migrating Your Documents into a DMS
DocXellent has helped many clients, from Fortune500 companies to smaller firms, migrate data into our ENSUR document control system. When considering a document management vendor to partner with, one of the most important factors to consider is their ability to help you migrate your data out of your legacy system(s). Our technical team is highly experienced in the movement of data without the interruption of service or loss of access.
Not only do the DocXellent Client Relations and Technical Support teams work directly with business users to migrate their documents into ENSUR, but our focus is on enhancing the user experience and providing structure to the workflow, even where it did not exist in your legacy system. We realize that organizing and migrating all your data at once can be a daunting task. Our staff will consult with you on prioritizing your documents and document types so that they can be migrated into your ENSUR system in phases. Our document migration team will consult with you on the following; which are all standard features in ENSUR;
- Identifying optimum routing workflows
- Handling of metadata when coming from a paper-based or network share data management process
- Linking of related documents
- Use of picklists to organize data (as opposed to text-based user entries), default numbering schemes, and other ways to control data inputs
- Consulting about read-only fields, read-only form pages, custom reports, use of masters and templates, security to control who can do what to the various datasets, etc.
The business content that customers have migrated in ENSUR includes:
- Change Requests
- Packaging Specifications
- Quality Assurance Procedures
- Tooling Data
- Artwork and Drawings
- Training records
- Product Specifications
- Bills of Materials or BOMs.
- Change Requests
- Non-Conformance & Other Type of Incident Reports
Our technical team has developed proven methods to migrate your data into ENSUR without data loss or compromise, so you can continue to use your business content with confidence going forward. This approach optimizes the rollout period and gets your team using your legacy data and documents in the new system sooner than expected.