As a Support Engineer at DocXellent, your primary responsibilities will be to ensure the smooth and effective operation of both Amazon Web Services cloud-hosted systems and remote systems. A Support Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day support of application/infrastructure and products. This individual will work with clients to resolve issues, the development, and other support teams to investigate Tier 2 client issues, develop and maintain system documentation, and create/modify SOP documentation as required. Additional day-to-day tasks include performing upgrades of the ENSUR software, for both cloud-based and on-premise (via remote connection or web meeting) installations and communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
The successful candidate will need to truly understand how the systems work so they can independently contribute to the overall solution, including monitoring of overall server health and database administration. They will be expected to work independently and collaborate with internal teams (Customer Relations, Development, etc.) and external teams (Client IT groups). They will be considered partners for a solution, not simply command executors, and are expected to add value by suggesting changes to the existing policies and procedures.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Support Clients by providing Tier 1-2 Support
- Server Maintenance & Patching
- Installation/ Upgrade of Software for both Hosted & Non-Hosted environments
- Implement and Develop workflows around the ticketing system
- Monitoring and client updates on all open Support Incidents
- Becoming a generalist and eventually expert in the product, ENSUR
- Write/Maintain/Edit appropriate documentation.
- Querying and Custom Reporting VIA SQL
As a member of the Technical Support team, the candidate will also be responsible for performing L1 & L2 caliber troubleshooting/triage of incidents, working trouble tickets, completing escalation management, providing L2 monitoring support at the infrastructure, application & middleware layers, and resolving and reporting of incidents for our production environments. The support engineer will be responsible for the timeline and accurate replies to the customers, monitoring the incident queue and working with the team on appropriate replies, In addition, this role will execute system administrative tasks, help to create and maintain production support documentation, and assist on projects when directed. In support of incident management, you will work closely with other technology groups, including Development, Database Administration, Quality Assurance (QA), and Infrastructure (Networking, Systems, and Storage, Build and Deploy, and Operations) and work directly with client end-users to troubleshoot issues.
- 4 years of Technical Applications support
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field
- 2 years technical experience with the following:
- Amazon Web Services platform
- Windows Based Operating Systems, including IIS knowledge and SQL Server
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Ability to anticipate and drive change
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- PTO (Vacation, Sick Time, and Holidays)
- Employee retirement fund with company match
- Remote work option